Hi!

yes that would solve the issue partially. the race condition would still remain, but its admitedly a rare case .. well I guess not so rare if you

I would have hard time thinking of application that deletes its own include files frequently from other processes and we are supposed to handle that deterministically. But even then worst thing would happen is that include fails.

(probably more used for some generated arrays and stuff like that). it would also not solve the imho needless file system operations.

You could cache file_exists using all kinds of external caching mechanisms if you want to.

that being said, i brought up adding such a flag to file_exists() a few times before and each attempt has been shot down saying that fopen() should have never gotten this flag and this portion of the code should not mess with the include path.

Why fopen() should have never gotten this flag? I don't remember any argument on that. Also, if we have include path I see no reason why we shouldn't have code that can work with it.
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com