There was some discussion on the version (2.13 vs newer) of autoconf
to use for trunk but I'm not sure whether there was any consensus.

It looks like autoconf2.13 can't be used with trunk and therefore the
autoconf version check inside build/buildcheck.sh needs to be updated.

I get the following error when I try to configure trunk with autoconf
2.13 (this is on Ubuntu [Hardy]). autoconf2.61 works fine.

Checked out revision 291346.
% ./buildconf
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
rebuilding aclocal.m4
rebuilding configure
rebuilding acconfig.h
rebuilding main/php_config.h.in

% ./configure --prefix=/home/arvi/php-src-build --enable-debug

(stuff deleted)

checking whether to enable UCD SNMP hack... no
checking whether to enable SOAP support... no
checking whether to enable sockets support... no
checking whether zend_object_value is packed... yes
checking for sqlite support... yes
checking whether to disable UTF-8 support in libsqlite (charset
changes to ISO-8859-1)... yes
checking for PDO includes... (cached) /home/arvi/php-scratch/ext
checking for lemon... no
configure: warning: lemon versions supported for regeneration of
libsqlite parsers: 1.0 (found: none).
checking size of char *... 4
checking for usleep... (cached) yes
checking for nanosleep... (cached) yes
checking for time.h... (cached) yes
./configure: line 81214: syntax error at line 81217: `fi' unexpected