Hi!

By extending the new internal class SessionHandler, users can wrap or
override methods of whatever session handler is in use, or implement a
complete custom handler.

Couple of notes:

1. I'd call mod_active something more clean - like session_active?
2. What happens if session module is set to "user" in configuration - what old_mod will be then and how this patch will work?
3. old_mod is also not a clear name - maybe default_mod?
4. I think it also makes sense to allow passing object instead of class.
5. In fact, thinking about it - maybe it should be an interface and not a class?
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com