On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> > I am wondering what the opcode EXT_FCALL_BEGIN and EXT_FCALL_END is used
> > for?
>
> When php is in "extended opcode" mode (usually used by debuggers) these
> opcodes are generated by the compiler before entering and after exiting
> function calls (so that the debugger could do "step into" and "step over").
> They are not used in non-debugging context.

Are you guys using those in Zend Debugger? Because in Xdebug I found
them utterly useless (not EXT_STMT, which I do use). Instead of using
EXT_FCALL_* I just do the triggers in the overloaded zend_execute.

Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://ezcomponents.org | http://xdebug.org
twitter: @derickr