On Mon, December 28, 2009 10:30 am, Clint Priest wrote:
> Has there been any discussion or decision about whether is_array()
> should return true for objects which implement ArrayAccess or is there
> another function already available which checks for either being the
> case?

I really would prefer that is_array *not* return true unless something
really is a PHP array datatype.

I've had too much grief with psuedo-arrays from SimpleXML and/or SPL
or whatever it is that didn't quite implement *everything* an array
does, or didn't quite behave the way I expected with regards to
various functions.

Surely there can be some kind of is_a or instanceof or other operator
that would be more appropriate than overloading the built-in is_array
function.

--
Some people ask for gifts here.
I just want you to buy an Indie CD for yourself: