Hi Jess,
Jess Portnoy wrote:
I see but assuming mysqlnd is copied, I can still see a problem, in the configure script:
echo "#define $php_def_have_what 1" >> ext/mysqlnd/php_mysqlnd_config.h
When running my configure:
./configure --disable-xml --disable-dom --disable-libxml --disable-simplexml --without-pear --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --without-iconv

ext/mysqlnd/php_mysqlnd_config.h is not created and ext/mysqlnd/mysqlnd_portability.h attempts to include that and hence, even if the mysqlnd dir is copied to $PHP_PREFIX/include/php/ext regardless of your configure argument, there will still be a problem with this auto generated header.

May the source be with you,
Best regards,
Jess Portnoy

Possible solution is to copy the macros from mysqlnd_portability.h to mysqli and use ifndef to define them, if mysqlnd_portability.h is not available. Hopefully the code will compile without the need to typedef types as the macros use C99 types (uintXX_t) which should be available mostly anywhere.

Best,
Andrey