Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
Am 13.01.2010 12:18, schrieb mathieu.suen:
I would like to know why the opcode is not optimized.

 Because any optimization, even very simple ones, impose a performance
 penalty in the default execution model of PHP which does not use a
bytecode cache.

For simple optimization I don't think so. Take the simple example:

function foo()
{
   $a = 45;
   return $a;
}

Here if you don't optimize you are creating a variable. So you put pressure on the gc and the memory.
Best would be some benchmark.
By the way why there is no native bytecode cache ?

 Only when the bytecode is not regenerated for each execution does it
 make sense to invest for time for the then one-time compilation.

Sorry I don't understand what do you mean?

-- Mathieu Suen