17.1.2010 0:29, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:

On 17.01.2010, at 1:05, Gwynne Raskind wrote:

On Jan 16, 2010, at 4:18 PM, Jani Taskinen wrote:
115-autoconf_ftbfs.patch
Hell no. You're breaking the configure again with this crap. I already reverted
the idiocy once, don't even think about doing this shit again. PHP configure
works properly only with autoconf-2.13 which was the last working autoconf.

Which autoconf was the last "working" one is a matter of opinion at this point.
The Autoconf people would love for us to stop using 2.13 - the only reason it still
exists is because we use it. (Or so I'm told, anyway, I don't know this for a fact
firsthand.) Personally, I'd rather see PHP go to CMake. CMake does have its own host of
problems, but they could be dealt with. And yes, I would volunteer to revive the CMake
effort.

strong +1 from me
would be glad to help

Strong -1000 from me, there's nothing wrong with autoconf.

--Jani