On Jan 25, 2010, at 1:30 AM, internals@lists.php.net wrote:

> PHP 5 Bug Database summary - http://bugs.php.net/
>
> Num Status     Summary (1595 total -- which includes 1036 feature requests)

Curious, does anybody use or read these? These emails have probably outgrown
their use, so let's evaluate:

 - Reasons for removal:  The content is overwhelming, and does clutter the list
search results
 - Reasons for changing: Same as above, and good ideas would result
 - Reasons for keeping:  Old timers like old things, it reminds us that we have
many bugs, and ^f

Like, they could instead show simple statistics similar to ones presented here:

 - http://bugs.php.net/lstats.php?phpver=5&per_category=1
 - http://bugs.php.net/bugstats.php?phpver=5

And while doing this, we could show how many were open/closed the previous
week. I think I just volunteered to make that happen, if desired by others.

Other ideas (some crazier than others):

 - Show who closed bugs (positive)
 - Show how long bugs have been assigned to people (negative)
 - Show the top 5 buggiest and bug free extensions (both)
 - ...

Hopefully others have ideas, especially for positive reinforcement as it
unfortunately feels much easier to come up with negative ones. But, that's okay
too. ;)

Regards,
Philip