Hi,

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 22:10 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> At the moment dba is the best place to add support for tokyo cabinets
> without introducing major features (or a pecl extension).

"without introducing major features" doesn't sound like a good way for
architecture decisions. This sounds a bit like "let's do it the way we
can trick the process" to me.

And there is a pecl extension: http://pecl.php.net/package/tokyo_tyrant

> That'd be great. In fact, the interface isn't really bad. It is surely
> missing multiple features, some of which are only supported by a couple of
> dbms, but the code behind is what really needs to be improved.

Thanks for volunteering! :-)

> > In addition, I wrote a patch for Tokyo Cabinet support
> > for ext/dba a while back, which Scott applied to PHP6 - I was rather
> > hoping it'd end up in 5.3.x at some point, but he's been too busy. I'll
> > dig out the patch if anyone here wants it, I haven't karma to apply it.
>
> Cool.
>
> Johannes, would it be ok to merge support for tokyo cabinets into PHP_5_3?

I didn't review it, yet, it sounds like a bit much, putting the review
on my todo.

johannes