Good catch Philip,

@all, any objections to port ext/zlib code from FIRST_UNICODE_IMPLEMENTATION to trunk?

Cheers,
Mike

Am 10.04.2010 02:23, schrieb Philip Olson:

On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Michael Wallner wrote:

Philip Olson wrote:
On 10 Jun 2008, at 23:35, Michael Wallner wrote:
Philip Olson wrote:
It added gzdecode() but I wonder why it didn't go in 5_2 or now 5_3...
it's only in HEAD since 2006.  Maybe the reason is "Require zlib>=
1.2.0.4" but anyway I'm curious, please let me know. :)

IIRC I added the function back then, because it was quite easy to
accomplish with my new code.  Adding it to the old-fart code in 5_*
would have meant writing a "real" PHP_FUNCTION and people moaned it
would be a PHP-one-liner anyway AFAIR ;)
I still think it should go in 5_3, may as well, I doubt people would complain since it's
already in HEAD... just "forgotten" in 5_3.

ext/zlib code in HEAD has been rewritten, it doesn't have much to to with the
implementation in PHP_5_* (it's actually the zlib code of
pecl_http).

While cleaning out my INBOX I stumbled upon this. And now wonder, maybe this
can go into PHP trunk? :)

Regards,
Philip

--