> > 4. PARAMETER ORDER.
> Two letters: BC.
> Changing variable order in an existing function is a big fat BC break. > And > if we put such a bomb into a new version, what would be the incentive > for > people to use it? So that apps would have to be shipped in 2 versions, > for
> the old php and the new php?

Is this something that could be fixed if it's moved to a namespace? The new "alias" can have the "correct" order but original function can have the old
order.

No, it would me having two implementations.

Derick

There's only one way to both maintain BC during a "transition" period, and fix flaws to prepare for the next 10 years. And that's having two implementations.

The original one will gradually be deprecated and eventually removed.

Regards,
Stan Vassilev