Hello everybody,

[I hope this is the right list for this question, if not, it'd be great
if you could point me to the right direction].

I'm currently developing a PHP Extension which is built as dynamic
library, and not directly into PHP core. I'm trying to figure out how to
set break-points inside the extension with GDB, so debugging is easier.

So far, I started gdb with "gdb /my/path/to/php" (which has debug
symbols enabled); and then tried to set a breakpoint into my extension via:

break /path/to/php/extension/objectmonitor/objectmonitor.c:80

GDB then asks:

No source file named /path/to/php/extension/objectmonitor/objectmonitor.c.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y

When I run php with a script via "run index.php", the system does not
stop at the set break-point.

Do you have any hints how to make this work? This really would help me
tremendously.

Regards,
Sebastian