On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <i...@tyrael.hu> wrote:

> So?
> Now we shouldn't try to improve things because they aren't perfect?

Because it is a very bad thing, by design and we will have to keep it
during years. I think this exact point was clear enough.

>> We need to stop this and start fixing it today.
>>

> Go ahed.
> Do you have any timeline for it?

The idea of discussing something is not about defining a dead line or
ask to provide patches/code. It is about constructive, mature and
quiet discussions. There is no need to rush but to really discuss and
plan what we need (a bit).

I also have to say that I am very happy to see Jonathan (doctrine
lead) finally posting on internals about PDO, or about databases need
in general. I hope we will get more developers like him being active
in discussions. Their feedback will be very valuable to make the right
design decisions for what the modern applications and frameworks out
there can and will use.

Cheers,
--
Pierre