On 6/10/10 8:53 AM, Tjerk Anne Meesters wrote:
> All "fpm" workers would be called using the same function name (e.g.
> "runphp"). This allows you to reuse a gearmand instance for other
> workers too.

I don't think we would need to require that.  Obviously you could build
your Gearman worker such that it registers "runphp" and has a big switch
in it to run various types of jobs and fpm would just need to manage a
single pool of workers.  But, assuming fpm could manage multiple pools,
I don't see the problem with having different types of workers.

-Rasmus