On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net> wrote:
> FreeTDS have an odbc wrapper, which means that it will work with
> ext/odbc and pdo_odbc aswell, the migration is rather simple here and
> i think it will be beneficial for both us and the users.

I've used the mssql extension quite a bit where I work to connect to
SQL Server boxes and I also maintain a cross-extension database
library that works with mssql, odbc, pdo_odbc and many more. From my
experience, mssql is the only way to connect to a SQL Server database
from a non-windows platform – obdc and pdo_odbc had enough
unresolvable issues that I disabled the unit tests on every OS except
for Windows.

If you are interested I can run the SQL Server tests for odbc and
pdo_odbc on various platforms and give you some examples of how they
fail.