On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Kalle Sommer Nielsen wrote:
> >
> >> It seems like theres been enough votes for moving it to the core, is
> >> there anyone willing to make that change? Rasmus or Derick? We can
> >> always decide whether to enable it by default afterwards.
> >
> > I can do it; but the question is whether we want to use APC 3.x or 4.x
> > in trunk? Gopal, Rasmus?
>
> For one, I would prefer to see 4.x but I'm not sure it is ready yet.
> However 4.x also needs the changes applied to support recent
> optimizations in the engine (they have been applied to trunk only). I
> would suggest to do the merges prior to include it.

I had a bit of a chat with Gopal about this the other day. And he
reckoned it'd be smarter to go with the current trunk. Reasons he
mentioned that he has very little idea what went on in 4_0 and he feels
that 4_0 is turning APC sortof into memcache, with way too many complex
caching layers. I feel inclined to follow his advice... even more
because he's the lead dev :-)

cheers,
Derick

--