hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
> Am 13.07.2010 14:29, schrieb Pierre Joye:
>> hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42836
>>
>> The answer was clear
>
> WHAT is here clear?
> Someone is closing a bugreport without understanding the problem
>
>> it is a default comment we use instead of RTFM.
>
> Then show me where it is documentated that php6 takes
> a random configuration for vhost-settings?
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>  DocumentRoot /var/www/docroot1
>  ServerName docroot1
>  <Directory "/var/www/docroot1">
>  php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/docroot1"
>  </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>  DocumentRoot /var/www/docroot2
>  ServerName docroot2
>  <Directory "/var/www/docroot2">
>  php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/docroot2"
>  </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Come on, show me the part of rtfm where it is described that
> if you call "http://docroot1/"; php is throwing a error
> that the files are not in "/var/www/docroot2" per random
> in both directions and with every reload you can have luck
> and it matches!
>
> And after such actions you wonder why someone is stopping
> testing snaphots? really?

Let me summarize:

- php6 is dead as of now
- open_basedir is not per directory, except if the new setting is more
restrictive that the system one. As documented.

>> bugs.php.net is not meant to be a support channel.
>
> Exlain me where it is support FOR ME to fixing such bugs?
> It is support FROM ME taking a fucking snapshot
> and test it and your point of view is very strange

Ok, using bad wording won't help to make your point more clear.

>>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42077

> AFTER an angry private mail to the one who closed the bugreport
> he reopened with "Re-opening and assign to Stas who has something
> cooking up for this."

I would simply comment a non angry reply to explain why the bug was
valid. That's the way to go. I have no idea (nor I want to know) what
you discussed with Jani, but one thing is sure, 99% of the bugs we
process are doing with care and respect.

I'm done with this topic, I don't think there is much more to say but
'keep cool' and that we appreciate users feedback (if possible without
bad wording).

Cheers,
--
Pierre