> Idiotic point of view, really there is no brain behind

Really? so we are now down to personal attacks. Now listen. *Every*
PHP version breaks backwards compatibility and we (I am one of the
lead Drupal developers) struggle with making Drupal compatible with
the subtle, often undocumented changes. It was quite long ago but
didnt PHP 4.4 break array functions not to accept NULLs instead of
empty arrays? Now, PHP 5.3 breaks things so big time it really should
have been PHP 6.0 because this sets up an expectation that everything
that worked with 5.2 works with 5.3 because it's not a major change.
Still: we cope as best as we can.

Now, I have pointed out calmly why this syntax is confusing by giving
some examples and my problem is not that it's confusing to me. You
would need to go far beyond what PHP can do to confuse me, believe me.
In fact, I have amended documentation to make sure others understand
it. I have pointed out why it's confusing which apparently noone read
and have pointed out that there is an equivalent replacement which
again noone read because someone asked whether I want to remove
call_user_func too which is the very alternative I have pointed out.

I have refrained from writing to this mailing list for years. It's
crystal clear again that feedback is not welcome, my emails are not
read and now I am personally attacked so I will stop here and revert
to lurking. You guys can continue breaking the language and make our
life hell. I tried.

Kind regards

Karoly Negyesi