Greetings hackers

I spoke with Derick today, and we both agreed on releasing an alpha of
PHP 5.4 to show the public what we have been working since 5.3. We are
going to release an alpha at september 2nd, which meaning packaging is
going to happen on 1st September (SVN tag, Windows binaries, etc.)

With Traits, interned strings/hash table optimizations, array deref.,
type hinting, and more we both (me and Derick) belive we are ready for
an alpha in September already. So I ask you geeks please make sure
things are somewhat usable for the first public release of PHP 5.4 and
post RFC's for inclusion in this alpha. If there is any questions
regarding 5.4, then please email both me and Derick at our respective
@php.net addresses and lets get this thing going ;-)

I will spend out an email after the Alpha regarding a roadmap, with
such things as PECL extensions in and out, possible RFC's, magic
quotes and so forth.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen