Hello all.

In trying to follow the annotations threads currently running, I've
come to realise just how little I understand a LOT of what I read
here.

But, then again, I don't need to, so hurrah for me. I try to follow,
but, #fail most of the time.

One thing that did come to mind is if we ignore all the issues and
complexities of actually implementing annotations, are annotations
useful to a significant number of userland developers. On the surface,
(and this is probably where I'm going wrong), it would seem to only
really be of use to framework developers, and whilst there are at
least 2.5 frameworks per developer, the vast majority of userland
developers are not framework developers. So are they useful enough to
be included at all, or is it just serving a small minority and
distracting the other core developers?

Is this something that can just be an extension with its own evolution?

Richard.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend