hi Andi,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Andi Gutmans <a...@zend.com> wrote:

> I agree with that. More structure and predictability will be very valuable to
> the project. We created a lot of structure in Zend Framework and it has
> really paid off.
> Btw, we don't have to look far. Just the change in having people document
> their suggestions via RFCs already had a substantial impact on this project
> both in terms of peer review and having a long lasting trail of what made it
> into a given release.
> More structure will typically yield in higher quality, more visibility and
> therefore more motivation for people to contribute, and I believe also in
> more deliverables rather than less as people will work towards clear goals +
> be accepting if they miss them and they need to wait for the next release
> train.

As we will stay flexible, a fixed time time to begin with is better.

The other key part was about features selection, unlike what has been
done (or suggested in this thread), we should take what is done but
what we what is ready and desired. Desired as in tested (viable, BC,
QAs, etc.) and desired (RFC, votes, etc.).

A fixed time line also helps developers to catch the next band wagon
if they miss one, instead of pushing in half backed additions.

Cheers,
--
Pierre