On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the record here, igbinary is a very good example of such optimization:
>
> http://opensource.dynamoid.com/

igbinary is a nice extension indeed.  However, for those of us who have
environments which include multiple programming languages, custom
serializations become a PITA.  As such, we generally go with something more
portable such as Avro or straight JSON.  Awhile back, I had done some work
rewriting the JSON serialization functions to use the fast (and BSD
licensed) yajl JSON parser (https://github.com/lloyd/yajl).  Initial
benchmarks showed a 4-7% performance improvement in
serialization/deserialization.

I'll see if I can dig it up--hopefully it's not on my dead computer.

--
Jonah H. Harris
Blog: http://www.oracle-internals.com/