Hi Dennis

2010/12/5  <presid...@basnetworks.net>:
> Interesting.  So you are saying that once a word is a keyword in PHP, it
> cannot be used as a name, anywhere?  So for example, you are saying I
> cannot create a variable called $function?  If that is the case, that is
> extremely odd.  I would expect that get/set could be keywords when used in
> the right location (inside a property definition, but outside of the
> property body), but anywhere else they should be able to be used as a
> regular name...  Is there some way that could be possible?

A keyword in PHP means that it cannot be used as a name for something
like a class/method/function etc. but of course still allowed in
variable and constants (defined using define() -- not const as its
compile time).

class global { } /* fatal error */
function default() { } /* fatal error */

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net