hi,

As far as I remember we discussed that already back to the php<I don't
mention it> discussions. It was not accepted because of the little
gains in regard to the major BC breaks.

However I would prefer, as far as it is technically possible,
deprecate their usage (notices/warnings) and promote filter usage
instead. The filter API can also be improved to match what we can find
in other platform (perl's cgi module for example is quite good) and
make the input data processing even more user-friendly.

Cheers,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Andrey Hristov <p...@hristov.com> wrote:
>  Hi guys,
> the topic says most of it. What do you think about deprecating the global
> keyword and $GLOBALS with it? Together with this making $_REQUEST, $_GET and
> $_POST read-only as they should be used only to read-only anyway.
>
> The reason for global + GLOBALS is that these are abused and which leads to
> spaghetti programs, when used by unexperienced users. Also they have impact
> on side effects from functions that don't only rely their parameters.
>
> Best,
> Andrey
>
> --

Pierre