On 04/20/11 02:05 PM, Michael Morris wrote:
This takes advantage of the fact that this CLI client, which will*not*  be
running as a daemon, will have an open terminal window for it for as long as
it persists until the process is stopped with CTRL-C.  Sending output to
that terminal window would be*very*  useful in my opinion, hence the call
for trace.  Essentially, trace is "echo" to that terminal window, or
"print_r" to that window if it is given an object or array.

error_log() output should go there by default. (didn't check the patch) you can route everything there. I don't think it's good to add tons of extra functions for that.

johannes