On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:23:00 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs <i...@tyrael.hu> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Gustavo Lopes <glo...@nebm.ist.utl.pt>wrote:

The very simple attached patch adds an option to disable POST data
processing, which implies the data can only be read in a stream fashion
through php://input.

Did we agree on something about this improvement/patch?
as I said, I like the idea, but if we cannot agree on the details(how to
control that which script needs this), could we somehow at least make it
possible to read the raw post through php://input for "multipart/form-data" requests?
currently just no way to read the raw data for those requests which sucks
big time.

As far as I remember there were no grave objections to it, only some related proposals that didn't actually address the same problem, some people who pointed shortcomings in this solution (e.g. cannot be set on runtime) and some other that didn't understand it altogether.

In any case, if there are any other substantive proposals for the problems at hand, we can revisit this topic.

For the record, these problems are:
* Excessive memory consumption on large, non multipart/form-data, POST requests (3x the size of the request body).
* No way to access the raw post data on multipart/form-data POST requests.
* No alternative way to handle files in multipart/form-data POST requests other than dumping the files to disk.

--
Gustavo Lopes