Am 30.04.2011 17:45, schrieb Ferenc Kovacs:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
>> Do you realize why we did this in the first place? The common versions of
>> MySQL in use out there are not very clever when it comes to the native
>> prepared statement handling. First, there is no prepared statement cache, so
>> there is no benefit to doing them natively, but worse, when you use a native
>> prepared statement you completely miss the query result cache. As a result
>> emulated prepared statements are either the same speed or faster than the
>> native ones. Changing this default would result in a performance hit for
>> most people. It should be better documented, but that is the only problem I
>> see here.
>>
> I disable query_cache on my machines, because it can cause performance and
> stability issues.
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2011/04/10/should-we-give-a-mysqlquery-cache-a-second-chance/

i guess you must have some really strange things in your applications

> which can take a lot of time if you have millions of queries cache for given
> table

makes me sure you do something wrong and not know the SQL_NO:_CACHE hints for
disable
caching of queries from them you know that they can not benefit or with really
small results with the wehre-statemant on the primary key where the cache is
not faster as the normal query and I/O does not matter because the result size
_______________________

we are using mysql-query-cache on all servers with some hundret domains
since years and as long the whole generate time of a dynamic page
is done between 0.008 and 0.011 seconds there is no performance issue

disable the query cache would degrade the whole box 10 years back
and even on a dbmail-mailserver with innodb-backend the qc improve
performance dramatically

[--] Reads / Writes: 68% / 32%
[--] Total buffers: 2.4G global + 3.2M per thread (200 max threads)
[OK] Maximum possible memory usage: 3.0G (37% of installed RAM)
[OK] Slow queries: 0% (3/27M)
[OK] Highest usage of available connections: 17% (35/200)
[OK] Key buffer size / total MyISAM indexes: 256.0M/106.8M
[OK] Key buffer hit rate: 99.9% (109M cached / 126K reads)
[OK] Query cache efficiency: 89.6% (20M cached / 23M selects)
[OK] Query cache prunes per day: 0
[OK] Sorts requiring temporary tables: 0% (924 temp sorts / 210K sorts)