I submitted a patch to add a curl_reset function to the cURL extension. It would be great if this patch could find its way into the PHP 5.4 release. This is my first attempt at a patch, so a review and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Feature request: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54022

Patch: http://bugs.php.net/patch-display.php?bug_id=54022&patch=curl_reset&revision=latest

Motivation:

Many of the curl_setopt options can be removed from a handle using some careful option setting that removes a related option as a side effect, but some options cannot be removed directly or indirectly (e.g. CURLOPT_RANGE, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, etc).

Adding support for the curl_easy_reset method to the PHP bindings would allow PHP developers to more easily implement connection pooling and utilize persistent connections over HTTP/1.1.

curl_easy_reset has been available since version 7.12.1 (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_reset.html):

> Re-initializes all options previously set on a specified CURL handle to the default values. This puts back the handle to the same state as it was in when it was just created with curl_easy_init(3). It does not change the following information kept in the handle: live connections, the Session ID cache, the DNS cache, the cookies and shares.

Thanks,
Michael Dowling