On Jun 15, 2011, at 11:34 PM, dukeofgaming wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Pascal COURTOIS
> <pascal.court...@nouvo.com>wrote:
>
>> Le 16/06/2011 08:01, dukeofgaming a écrit :
>>
>>> Sorry if the question is dumb, but, how many core developers does PHP
>> have?,
>>> how many in total (including non-core contributors)?.
>>
>> That's not the point. Whatever the project is, every developer should fix
>> existing bugs before even thinking about improving. That's the way I do and
>> that's why there is no bug I'm aware in my programs.
>>

> I really mean the question, regardless.

It's difficult to say, but there are a total of 1,568 php.net accounts. The
karma[1] rules aren't straightforward to parse but quickly it shows at least
194 people with full php-src[2] karma, and 54 humans made 1,971 SVN commits to
php-src within the last 365 days. Those numbers include tests, so the number of
~active core developers appears closer to 10-20. Of course this doesn't include
other parts like PECL and documentation but enough hastily created and probably
misleading statistics for today.

As for the point of the question, php.net could certainly use more contributors
and ideally we'd clone Felipe. A lot.

[1] http://svn.php.net/viewvc/SVNROOT/global_avail?view=markup
[2] http://svn.php.net/viewvc/php/php-src/

Regards,