On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 07:36 +0100, Arpad Ray wrote:
> This patch implements unregister_shutdown_function(), which removes a
> function already registered with register_shutdown_function().
>
> It resolves request #53702 (according to google, not sure if it's
> still active) and I've thought it a curious absence for a while.

Why do you register a shutdown function if you want to remove it again?
Shouldn't you fix the architecture of your code instead of relying on
such functions?

> The patch (against trunk) is at:
> http://spellign.com/patches/php-trunk-unregister_shutdown_function.patch

Does register_shutdown_function() work with closures? (Didn't test it)
Then the following should work, too, which isn't the case in your code:

    $a = function() {};
    register_shutdown_function($a);
    unregister_shutdown_function($a);

I also think once that functionality is there the next request will be

    get_registered_shutdown_functions()

or something along the lines.

johannes