Am 09.08.2011 14:22, schrieb Arvids Godjuks:
I have mixed feelings about this proposal - from one point it's quite
neat - ability to mark circular references for the memory manager so
it can free them sounds very delicious, especially for some cases. I
had run into my own bunch of problems with memory in PHP in the past
and right now I'm running a daemon written in PHP in production on
5.3.6. Careful construction and knowledge that circular references
actually do harm I did add safeguards that actually clean up the
objects in recursive manner (and objects have internal flags that
cleanup has been initiated - that way I make sure I cleanup the same
object only once). That sort of planing at the design stage makes it
far more friendly with memory, so it doesn't mean that PHP should have
soft references.

Exactly what I did;)

My opinion is that if this can be done without using significant
resources and will not have major issues while implementing - it can
be added, otherwise just skip it - better off fixing bugs and
optimizing :)

Of course. I am not saying that its a must have...just wanted to defend it from being marked as useless.