On 09/07/2011 11:57 PM, David Soria Parra wrote:

For everyone else, go read http:/progit.org, make yourself familar with Git.

As a former svn-only user, I can tell you how I've learned (and still learn) about git:

1. http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html
2. progit
3. Git from the Bottom up: http://ftp.newartisans.com/pub/git.from.bottom.up.pdf 4. "Git for the confused" is a good reference: http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/archives/git/0512/13748.html
5. progit again, to wrap it up, you may have missed a few details
6. Reset demystified http://progit.org/2011/07/11/reset.html (and other articles, but this one stood out to me)

You shouldn't skip 2, 3 and 6. Don't forget you can test it all locally, so just:

cd /tmp
mkdir repo.git && cd repo.git
git init --bare

Then you can clone it:

cd ~/projects
git clone /tmp/repo.git

This kind of setup is especially useful when playing around with 3.
Take your time to experiment with the plumbing commands. You'll probably have some a-ha! moments.

Cheers,
Flavius

--
What I cannot create, I do not understand. -- Feynman