On Nov 16, 2011, at 5:34 AM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 13:35 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

>>> It's not intentional, the text weren't updated.
>
> 5.4 is not yet released so PHP core is still the primary source for that
> extension ;-)
>
>> you mean the pecl package description?
>> I can change it, but where should it point to? sqlite3? or simply
>> unmaintained?
>
> I would go for unmaintained. SQLite2 isn't maintained upstream for a few
> years. People can get the code if they have need to migrate or such, but
> other than that ... there's no good and simple migration path to
> something else. SQLite3 uses different APIs, different storage format
> and has a slightly different SQL standard interpretation.

We need to make pecl/sqlite work with 5.4, as currently it does not. I
forget the details (and the related patch) but did work on one with
Johannes many months ago. The last step (which failed) was to get
pdo_sqlite2 to work with the shared PECL variant, IIRC. Then, make a
release.

Moving something to PECL should require that the PECL extension work with
the distribution that it was [re]moved from. Otherwise, it was not moved.

Johannes probably assumed I adjusted/committed the patch, and made a
pecl/sqlite release, but he forgot that I forgot to do this, and I have
since lost said patch and progress and most memories. Sorry :]

Regards,
Philip