Hi!

I believe the attempt with the RFC was to mimic the syntax that C#
went with, the RFC is here:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/propertygetsetsyntax

Reading this RFC I notice it makes get/set keywords. This would lead to
huge amount of breakage in existing code, so I strongly suggest to look
for another way. For example, __get and __set...

I'm also not a big fan of magic $value variable coming from nowhere and function syntax without function definition. What if you want a getter to return by-reference? Or setter to get parameter by reference?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/