Hey,

> I think you accidentially sent this to me, not to the list ;) By the
> way, I think you and Pierre are talking about different patches. We do
> know that the hash size randomization will not work. Pierre is
> referring to another patch that extends max_input_vars to
> unserilized() and json_decode().

ah okay. I see now that there is a different patch, but it is not clear if
Pierre meant this or the HashTable randomization patch, because both were
advocated to fix the unserialize() and json_decode(), too.

Just a quick look at it tells me that I don't like this patch either. It adds
code to each POST handler. The POST handler interface is something extensions
can extend. With Laurence's patch: suddenly all extensions that implement their
own POST handlers must add the max_input_vars check.

Of course I am biased, because suhosin is one of the affected extensions. But
that said suhosin has a limit similar to max_input_vars for 7 years now.

Regards,
Stefan Esser