Johannes Schlüter wrote:
> PS. Mind that the example you've given even works on files not included
> by parsing files, whereas internal reflection provides information what
> actually is available from engine point of view ...

The original reason I wrote that class was for a documentation tool, so
that we could discover classes before loading the files.

When I wrote that code, I was also intending to also write extra classes
to eventually replace all of the Reflection APIs with reimplementations,
but was beaten to the punch:

https://github.com/Andrewsville/PHP-Token-Reflection

For some purposes, you need to be able to reflect files and classes
without loading them, which I think is a huge gap in the Reflection API.
That said, a proper ReflectionFile would be welcome, even if it did load
the file.
--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>