On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> On 2/24/12 4:34 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, February 24, 2012 4:16 pm, Larry Garfield wrote:
>>>
>>> On 2/24/12 3:28 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:
>>> Because GET and POST are not even remotely the same thing and treating
>>> them as completely interchangeable is a bug in the first place.
>>

>> We'll have to agree to disagree here.
>>
>> To me, it's just a request for some content, and in a REST API that's
>> read-only, I just don't care if the consumer sends their request as
>> GET or POST.  I'll cheerfully give them what they wanted.
>

> Except that per HTTP, GET and POST are completely different operations.  One
> is idempotent and cacheable, the other is not idempotent and not cacheable.
>  I very much care which someone is using.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're referring to the HTTP *method*
used. A POST can be made to a URL that includes a query-string, but
what that means as far as interpreting the variables is undefined as
far as I know.

Because of that, I think it's a bad idea to either treat them as the
same thing, or rely on both $_POST and $_GET parameters being present.