On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM, jpauli <jpa...@php.net> wrote:

> Actually, the true story for performance is to kill Apache and let Lighttpd
> or NginX do the job, with a pool of fcgi/fpm PHP processes

I'd like to ask you whether it really makes much difference to use
Lighttpd or NginX as opposed to Apache with the worker thread MPM, but
at that point we are officially way off topic (:

I think that in terms of general architecture, and in terms of what to
do with PHP, those three options are basically the same option.

I haven't studied FPM yet as I haven't felt a need for its advertised
advantages over the traditional FastCGI support in the CGI SAPI yet.

I will check out the apache worker and PHP article, thanks.

--
Tom Boutell
P'unk Avenue