>>  > Dear all,

>>  > I'm asking your help because I'm not able to solve an issue
> probably
>>  related to some foolish mistake I have not yet discovered.
>>  > I'm trying to develop an experimental extension to interface LIXA
>>  library (http:/lixa.sourceforge.net/).
>>  >
>>  > I have created the basic stuff (config.m4, lixa.c, php_lixa.h and so
> on).
>>  >
>>  > If I use this sequence from the ext/lixa directory:
>>  >
>>  > /opt/php/bin/phpize
>>  > ./configure --help
>>  >
>>  > I can see the lixa extension is available:
>>  >
>>  > [...]
>>  > Optional Packages:
>>  >   --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
>>  >   --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as
> --with-PACKAGE=no)
>>  >   --with-libdir=NAME      Look for libraries in .../NAME rather than
>>  .../lib
>>  >   --with-php-config=PATH  Path to php-config php-config
>>  >   --with-lixa=FILE        Include LIXA support. File is the path to
>>  lixa-config
>>  >
>>  > [...]
>>  >
>>  > and I can compile with:
>>  >
>>  > ./configure --with-lixa=/opt/lixa/bin/lixa-config
>>  --with-php-config=/opt/php/bin/php-config
>>  >
>>  > the build process runs as expected and the extension is available
> after
>>  an addition to php.ini (extension=[...]/ext/lixa/modules/lixa.so).
>>
>>  Great, you are done. Why do you want to go any further than this? You
>>  built your extension and it is available from PHP exactly like any pecl
>>  extension.
>>

> and if you're using apache, reboot it and check your phpinfo() page for
> your extension.
> if you're connected up via the command line you can run "php -m"
> to see if
> your modules exists.
>

>>  -Rasmus

Dear all,
I would like to see my extension as any other extension, like MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Oracle and so on because:
1. LIXA itself is useless without those resource managers
2. I need to patch other extensions to implement the interfaces between LIXA
and MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle.
What's the difference between an "internal" extension (like
MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle) and an "external" extension as the one I
produced?
Thanks in advance, your help is precious.
Ch.F.