Hi Internals,

with 5.4. out of the door, we can start thinking about moving
the php-src repository to git. Commit access to the php-src SVN
repository will be disabled on March 15. I will run the final
migration on that date and push the php repository to git.php.net.

Updates:

 (1) Pull requests on github.com go to the git-pull mailinglist.
     Make sure you subscribe to it.

 (2) Johannes is working on an interface that allows people with
     valid PHP user accounts to close pull requests.

There are a few issues at the moment that we have to fix before:

 (1) Fix the commit mails to the proposed format. Irker is working on
     that.

 (2) Fix the bugsweb integration, so that references to bugs inside
     the commits will work. Florian is working on it.

 (3) Karma system fixes. Already done by me. People who have access to
     the root of a repository are able to do forced pushes.

     Please send me questions about workflows, etc. I will try to
     answer them in the gitfaq to help you out with questions. We need
     to make sure people know how to commit, where to commit to, etc.
     I have the workflows in mind, but just not written it down so far.
     Feel free to help me.

If you are not familiar with git, play with it now. We have a playground
repository that everybody can use. Go ahead.

I would love to see more and more pull requests coming in or patchs send
with git format-patch + sendmail. Maintainer can apply those with git am.
This helps maintainers as well as reducing the amount of new user accounts
needed. So go ahead, send us patches!

If you now a lot about git, feel free to answer questions on
http://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitfaq and help out.

If you have no clue about git and how to work on php from March 15 on
write your questions down on http://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitfaq .

David (@dsp_)