On 18 Mar, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Xinchen Hui <larue...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What if php uses salts for specific hashes only, such as GPC (or all
>> hashes whose lifetime is limited to the current reuqest), and use a
>> zero-value salt for all others?
> definitely no,thinking of pre-calculated hash.

Pre-calculated hash of what? You mean binary serialisation?

> Or Ajax which use
> json_decode parse input json.

That would be considered a request lifetime hash and therefore could be salted.

> IMO, this Make no sense but mess things up.

We all have opinions. If a clear distinction between vulnerable and non
vulnerable data can be reliably made, in my limited knowledge of the whole
ecosystem I genuinely think this has a shot :)