2012/3/19 David Soria Parra <d...@php.net>:
> Hi Internals,
>
> The initial migration is done and initial testing was successful.
>
>  http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=summary
>  http://github.com/php/php-src
>
> Please note that some branches and tags were renamed to make
> the repository cleaner.
>
> Please checkout the repository and play around. I have created
> a workflow wiki page at https://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitworkflow.
> There is also an FAQ at https://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitfaq.
>
> If you have questions about the workflow or problems let me know.
> General git questions should be asked in the appropriate IRC channels
> and mailinglists.
>
> David
>
> --

Hi, David

Thanks for this great step!

As I quickly viewed into the github-repository I recognized the big
list of branches ... 52 is quite a big list ..

I don't know if someone asked just that before:
Are there plans reducing this list?
Branches (at least to me) seems to be something like big features,
bugfixes or releases that are or could actively be developed in the
future.
One step is for example closing all the php-4.x branches and leave
them as tagged open-end if changes are not merged ...

Bye
Simon