2012/4/16 Tom Boutell <t...@punkave.com>

> Also, Kris's proposal requires that an additional flag be tracked all
> the way down through the stack of requires and includes from the point
> where pure mode is first encountered, remembering that we're in pure
> mode. Note that this flag cannot be a global variable because .php
> files that were loaded before this .phpp file are still permitted to
> load things, including when acting as autoloaders on behalf of .phpp
> code... my head hurts. This cannot be the cleanest way to solve the
> problem.
>
> 2012/4/16 Tom Boutell <t...@punkave.com>:
> > Oh I see. Yes, this is one of the reasons I don't like the "pure can't
> > include non-pure" idea.
> >
> > Another reason: you can't write generic algorithms. PHP 5.4 has much
> > improved support for anonymous functions, so we should see an increase
> > in libraries that take a few functions as parameters and carry out an
> > operation via those functions. But what if one of those functions
> > requires something from a .php file? Whoops, I guess it's not a
> > generic sorting algorithm library I just released, it's a "generic
> > sorting as long as none of your functions touch a .php file" algorithm
> > library. And good luck figuring this out when it happens.
> >
> > Kris has pointed out that you could still load a .php file via a
> > function that was defined earlier in a .php file that later includes
> > .phpp. But this just means that, like my RFC, his RFC contains a
> > compromise about strictness. It's just that his compromise is more
> > confusing and less likely to be understood before the user gets
> > frustrated and declares the whole thing not worth messing with. I
> > think ".phpp files don't contain <?php and ?> but can require and
> > include files that do" is a much clearer compromise, one that will get
> > us what we want (an ever increasing percentage of .phpp files) without
> > making enemies and generating opposition along the way to that better
> > place.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Arvids Godjuks
> > <arvids.godj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> 16 апреля 2012 г. 16:09 пользователь Tom Boutell <t...@punkave.com>

> something?

> some
> mostly
> for
> big
> cached

> answers
> >>

> >> Yes they obviously do, but that's not what I'm concerned about.
> >> What I'm concerned is that code from .php and .pphp files get's mixed in
> >> together - template engine related stuff is used as much, as do
> controllers,
> >> session handling classes and bunch of other stuff that by definition is
> >> .pphp stuff, but the template stuff is .php and it includes templates.
> So
> >> basically everything just has to fall back to the embedded PHP mode to
> work
> >> and we have no gain from the proposal what so ever - it just becomes
> [...]
The RFC is vague on these points because they haven't been determined yet,
though I am starting to lean toward the include/require parameter option
for includes.

To Tom's point, these questions have already been addressed.  Basically,
there will be a third type that's on a per-file basis, designed to mitigate
the concerns that have been expressed over making this accessible to people
using certain frameworks that utilize tangled architecture.  The per-stack
option will be more suitable for applications that have been designed from
the ground-up to use a seperated architecture.  Though the per-file one
really wouldn't be useful for me, enough people believe that it will be.
So since there are valid use cases for both options, I'll include them both.

Please refer to my post on Pierre's thread.  I outlined an idea for how
this could work syntactically.  Please post your responses here though so
the thread will be easier to follow.

--Kris