On 2012-04-17, Ralph Schindler <ra...@ralphschindler.com> wrote:
> Hi Nikita,
>
> > A quick note on the patch: As the class name is compile-time
> > resolvable it should in my eyes also be available as a
> > `static_scalar`, so that it can be used in initialization lists:
> >
> >      public function doFoo($withClass = ABC::class) {
> >          new $withClass; // or whatever
> >      }
> >
> > To be available as both a `static_scalar` and a general `scalar` one
> > should put the rule in the `common_scalar` section.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I've added this to the patch and Zend/tests:
>
>    *
> https://github.com/ralphschindler/php-src/compare/master...feature/class-name-scalar
>
> I've also added an RFC page, any thoughts on improving the RFC?
>
>    * https://wiki.php.net/rfc/class_name_scalars

In the examples, you mix case:

    Boo::class
    Moo::Class
    \Moo::CLASS

Make sure you note that this is intentional, and that the keyword is
case insensitive -- i.e., changing the case does not alter the use cases
presented.

Also, I'd note why you're selecting "class" as the keyword (basically,
because it _is_ a keyword, and thus will never conflict with any class
constants or method names).

Otherwise, very straight-forward.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney