On 04/19/2012 12:53 AM, Gustavo Lopes wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:54:00 +0200, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>
wrote:

I think the documentation part in this case is not as problematic,
because the interface has been thoroughly documented in the ICU
project. Most of your next questions can be answered by reading

http://userguide.icu-project.org/datetime/calendar

This is ICU docs, not PHP docs. Most PHP users wouldn't even know where
to find it, let alone how to use it applied to PHP. We need something to
list the functions and what they do.

It's ICU docs, but they're applicable here after doing the obvious
substitutions (replace all integer types with PHP's integer, etc.).
You can list the functions with php --rc IntlCalendar or similar and then refer
to that document for the functions' behavior. Of course, this doesn't replace
PHP documentation, but it's not urgent at this stage given PHP 5.5 being one
year away and the ICU
docs giving almost all information to those who want to play with it.

Hi Gustavo,

Can you add at least placeholder stub pages to the PHP docs sooner rather than
later?
Or even just one page listing the changes?

Thanks,

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com