On 04/24/2012 01:06 AM, Galen Wright-Watson wrote:

> http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=128060, same author) then
> changes zend_str_tolower to use tolower instead of its custom ASCII-based
> conversion. The commit message is: "make this faster and sexier". Within
> these revisions, zend_lookup_class is case sensitive. This change, in
> combination with 99001, mask the reason for the custom conversion.

Argh .... STERLING!!!111

ok, part of the story seems to be that i can't find the regression test
tests/lang/035.phpt that i mentioned in bug #18556 anywhere. In the 5.x
code base this is a test for some Expection related stuff, and in the
latest 4.x branch the highest test number in test/lang is 034.phpt

So it seems as if i somehow never really committed my test case and
so Sterling, not being aware of the "turkish" history, unfixed things
during micro optimization withozut anything in place to warn him about
the regression he introduced :(

(AFAIR it was me back then who first stumbled about "i"!=tolower("I")
in tr_TR after noticing that most of our "Image functions don't work
even though the gd extension is active" came from Turkey ...)

--
hartmut