I feel that for PHP to incorporate some of the convenience that Python offers
is a good particularly with respect to attracting the upcoming generation. PHP
needs an injection of new coolness to attract and captivate the imagination of
young college-age people who are being exposed to Python as part of their CS
curriculum.

I think Easen's proposal for PHP to have negative indexing for strings (not
arrays) is well-thought out, and conservative too.  I think it would be an
excellent addition.

+1!

Sincerely,
Sharon