On 06/26/2012 09:06 PM, OISHI Kazuo wrote:
Does this need an architecture specific SKIPIF?  See the mention of
PHP_INT_SIZE on http://qa.php.net/write-test.php

Like this?
--SKIPIF--
<?php
if (PHP_INT_SIZE != 8) die("skip this test is for 64bit platforms only");
?>

Yes - if your test is for 64 bit platforms.  If other conditions
affect the output (endianess etc?) then you should add other tests
to the SKIPIF section.

Can you also create another PHPT file for 32 bit platforms, if there
isn't one already?

I'm afraid I may miss your point.

Can you add some phpt tests for all the cases you've raised?

Could you tell me your intention of this question?

So that next time this code changes any breakage is obvious.

I don't know whether to suggest adding an XFAIL for 5.4, or whether to
suggest changing the expected output.  This would depend on whether
there is likely to be any code change to 5.4 or not.

Sorry, I cannot understand what you say, but PHP code changes
from 5.4.3 to 5.4.4 for #54547 and #62097 are:

  https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/9344bf193c6e35c8706923953f3e63bb01cc05ed
  https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/acd711685a592c52be200e248154283c6c49c9f8

zendi_smart_strcmp() and is_numeric_string[_ex]() are changed.

Any test you create for PHP 5.4 need to either:

1. Pass, or
2. have an XFAIL section

I don't know whether or not PHP 5.4 is going to be changed. If it is not
going to be changed, then you should do #1.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com
http://twitter.com/#!/ghrd