Andrew Faulds wrote:
Exactly. Much of my focus is making PHP more consistent and logical, and hence
easier to learn. It would be nice if PHP was as easy as Python, someday. (for
example)

Python easy? I'm HAVING to fix python code as well these days, if it was any good I might be tempted to move everything to it, but I certainly don't feel the change would have any point. Eclipse IDE provides easy highlighting and allows working with the same tools for every language, but that still does not convince me. Ruby is the same, but I've managed to avoid having to deal with that.

I don't remember PHP ever being 'difficult' ... I started straight in on PHP5 and had live sites just as it dropped off release candidates. I had to watch PHP4 compatibility for third party projects that still ran on 4 but on the whole my C/C++/Pascal experience just translated without any problem. I simply can't see what is 'complicated' but then I did do a masters degree in Digital Systems back in 1982 when computers came in rooms rather than pockets :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL